Yay – just when you thought this time of year couldn’t be any better with Christmas on the way and everyone so excited – Craftsy announce a SALE so you can treat yourself and any other crafty person you know. (You might notice that during this time the banners on my site will all change to show the sale.)
From 22nd to 24th December all the courses will be on SALE from $9.99 to $24.99 each. Bargain and perfect timing for last minute gift ideas. What I love about these courses is not only that the instrcutors are highly expereienced professionals in their field, but the videos are there for life. You watch them when you want, as often as you want and the teaching platform allows students to upload completed or work-in-progress projects, talk with each other and ask questions, and even ask questions of the instructor and get their input and advice.
I’ve got so many courses in my wish list I’m not sure what I will go for yet, but at least I know nothing is going to sell out. In my wishlist:
- Pants Construction Techniques
- SewRetro – Bombshell dress
- Paper Arts
- Jam and Marmalade ! (who wouldn’t want to make their own?)
- Classic Tailored Shirt
- Tailoring Ready to Wear
- Sewing with Silk – the Liberty Shirt
- Jean-ius Reverse Engineering
- Design your own Handbag
The courses I’ve signed up for so far:
- Pants Fitting Techniques – you can see my pants fittings so far here
- Sewing with Knits – can’t recommend this one highly enough. I’ve got lots of completed projects to post, the most recent of which was the Animal Print Dress
- Modern Buttercream – wow, this guy is a perfectionist, and his course is amazing – and its FREE !
- Couture Dress Making – my pattern has just arrived. Everyone speaks so highly of this course
- Sewing Machine 911 – suitable for complete sewing machine beginners. but all serists might pick up a thing or two
- Bag Making Basics – drawstring bag and bucket bag – FREE
- Bag Making Basics – reversible tote and zipper pouch – FREE. I get a lot of comments on my zipper pouch I made as a result of this course. The best tutorial I’ve seen.
- Shoot it – A product photography primer. If you have an etsy shop or a blog and/or sell your handmade creations then this course is for you. I’m only part way through so far.
- Craftsy Quilt Block of the Month – FREE, everything you wanted to know about quilting, great for beginners.
With all of the preparations for Christmas pretty much behind us, it’s time for us to reward and treat ourselves for all our hard work. And to make sure we have a happy and crafty new year.