A winter hat with faux fur trim will be the perfect accessory for those cold winter days ahead. The amount of fur you will need is very little, which makes this the perfect project if you have never worked with fur before. This is a super cool and adorable winter hat. I promise you that it will make a very nice present for Christmas or a great accessory addition to your wardrobe.
I am using ribbing fabric for the cap and the brim, but this is the perfect opportunity to upcycle an old sweater that you do not like and transform it into a winter hat. No fur for the band? No problem, use fleece instead.
- Elegant fur trim framing the face
- Perfect hat for a day on the snow, sky lodge hangout or a windy day
- Casual yet elegant
- Very easy on the making and the budget
- Opportunity to upcycle an unloved sweater
- Sewing machine
- Walking foot (optional)
- Long sewing pins
- Sharp scissors or cutting knife
- Tailor's chalk or marker
- Tailor's ham or rolled towel.
- Jersey needle size 14. (Click HERE to learn all about sewing machine needles.)
- One (1) piece of faux fur of 22 3/4″ by 4″ (or Double knit or Fleece)
- One (1) piece Ribbing 22 3/4″ by 4″
- One (1) piece Ribbing 23″ x 8″
Winter Hat Trim
Winter Hat Body
See next page for free pattern download.