It’s official! The Sewing Wallets: Step by Step class is now live on Craftsy after what has been months of behind the scenes work, and more than 70 wallets sewn! There are 3 simple wallet projects you can sew along with lots of tips along the way to help you all get great results. These simple projects are even suitable for those who are fairly new to sewing as Deby teaches you everything you need to know, every step of the way.
You’ll get the opportunity to learn:
- 3 different closures you can use on your wallets, and how to install them
- how to sew a zipper pocket without a zipper foot (although you can still use one of course if you are comfortable with it)
- how to fold and sew pockets for your bank cards to minimise bulk and raw edges
- about the different types of interfacing that are suitable for wallet making
- how to sew both fixed and removable wrist straps, and the hardware you’ll need
- 3 different wallet patterns all based on a similar set of starting elements, the last one being a customizable project
- tips for neat and accurate top stitching
- how to keep interfacing from sticking to your iron
- and more…
Do drop on over to Craftsy and check out the projects and the techniques that are covered in the class. There’s a quick introductory video you can watch.
Sewing Wallets: Step by Step
Here’s a quick slideshow that shows more pictures of some of the wallets made for this class, so you can get a good overview of some of the features and styles. There really is something for everyone.
We look forward to seeing all of your completed wallets soon. Please post what you make in the class projects section, and share it in our Facebook group. See you there!