After many reader requests, I wanted to come up with a design for an easy sweater pattern for non-knitters. Knitting is one of my passions but, since I started designing at So-Sew-Easy.com I have had no time for it at all. But I do miss knitting. Often, I think of a dress or a top and I could picture it in my mind on a knitted kaleidoscope of colors. I love the fresh look of a soft cotton long sleeve knitted top, even in summer you can pull this look. But winter is a special time to wrap yourself in a comfortable but elegant knitted top that won't break the bank. If you are lacking in time like me, here is an easy sweater pattern for non-knitters.
This is an easy sweater to make, however, you do have to pay special attention to the pattern markings and the symbols on the pattern. There are seven pattern pieces, plus two more you'll need to draft yourself depending on your size. To save paper and time I have not done this for you. These pieces are rectangles that will become the ribbing added to the cuffs and to the hemline. These pattern pieces are very simple to make and would be good practice if you're just starting out in sewing and patternmaking.
Key Features of the Easy Sweater Pattern:
- Easy to wear and make, yet elegant.
- Casual kimono style sleeves and a draped neckline that is easily adjustable should you require a more modest cleavage.
- Can be worn off the shoulders.
- Perfect for a stroll in the park or tea with friends.
- Drapes well hugging your curves but not adding any bulk.
- Sweater knit fabric (1 1/2 yards to 2 1/4 yards depending on size.)
- Thread to match
Check Out Our Free Sewing Videos
See Next Page for Pattern Download Box