You may not know it, but So-Sew-Easy.com has a global audience serving almost half a million users per month. Australia is one of our largest communities with around 31,000 active users per month in the country –which is about 5.5% of our entire viewer base. In fact, Australia is our fourth largest market after only the US, UK and Canada.
Today is Australia’s national holiday, so we hope all our friends there have a chance to catch up on their sewing between the surf, barbeques, lamingtons and other traditional Aussie pastimes. This is very similar to the 4th of July or Independence Day celebrations in the USA. It’s mid-summer in Australia and it’s been a hot year so far, so the beach is sounding pretty good.
Check Out Our Free Sewing Videos
In Australia, Queensland and New South Wales are about equally represented with around 27% of users each. About 24% of our users are in Victoria, 11% in Western Australia. Seven percent in South Australia, two percent each in the ACT and Tasmania and about 0.5% in the Northern Territories.
We thought this might be a great time to re-introduce everyone to the So Sew Easy online sewing map. It would be great to see many more of our friends and anyone else interested in sewing in Australia put themselves on the map.
You can find all the details about how to add yourself to the map by reading through the original post HERE.
Find sewers and shopping wherever you are
How to browse around the map
- Allow the page and the map to fully load. You may need to be a little patient 🙂
- Click on the map above and your mouse will turn to a little hand.
- You can use that hand to hold down on the mouse and move the map around until your location is near the center of the window. Then use the + key on the bottom right to zoom in.
- Use a combination of dragging and zooming until you find your location.
- Click on any markers near to you to see the details the other sewers have left.
- You can click on website addresses to visit those links too.
- Contact a new sewing friend who might live just down the road but you didn't know was there!
- Sew / shop / fit / quilt with a friend.