Just a quick question to run by you today. I've set myself a target of producing double what I produced last year. In 2013 I tried to offer a free sewing pattern or tutorial download once a month. In 2014 I plan to continue with this, but add on one paid-for sewing pattern each month too.
So far, my paid for patterns are:
Check Out Our Free Sewing Videos
Due for release this year so far:
- January – classic straight leg knit pants
- February – cowl neck top, sleeveless or with 3 sleeve length options
- March – fully reversible apron
- April – leggings
- May – weekender bag and matching cosmetics bag
Patterns for future development –
- drape cardigan
- raglan t-shirt
- more bag options
- yoga pants
- comfy pj pants
- messenger bag
- easy tops and blouses
- skinny pants – maybe
So I was thinking, money spent on sewing patterns over the course of a year can be expensive. I buy a LOT of patterns. I don't always sew them up, they are just for inspiration, or just because I want to take a look at the pattern and learn how a particular shape was made or how a design is sewn.
How can I save my readers some money on these patterns? The ones I have uploaded so far have sold very well so they must be popular with a lot of repeat buyers and some buying all 3 patterns at once. So I was thinking of starting a ‘Pattern of the Month Club'. Where readers could automatically be sent each new pattern every month.
- What do you think? Is this a good idea?
- Would you be interested in signing up?
- Would you expect to pay up front for the following 12 months, or pay monthly by automatic payment?
- How much do you think would be reasonable to pay?
- I was thinking $35 for the year for a minimum of 12 patterns, plus the ones already released so far. Is this about right, too expensive, too cheap?
It would be a lot of work to set up, so I just wanted to know if anyone was interested before I went ahead and spent days and $$ on it, only to find no one wanted to join the Club!
I'd really appreciate your comments and feedback. You can leave a comment here or if you prefer, send me an email to email@example.com. Thank you, I very much appreciate your feedback.