During most of the year, I try to provide our readers with a variety fun and informative sewing-related articles as well as at least one free sewing project and pattern each and every week.
However, as I mentioned in a recent email, I'm away on vacation with my family now. You may not know it, but the weekly sewing projects take almost a full week of work to design, document, test, illustrate and write up. I just haven't been able to do it this week.
So, we're going to do something special instead. To make sure everyone has something fun and seasonal to work on, we're going to make one of our popular paid patterns free for this weekend only. Yes, that's right, FREE.
As long as you download it on Craftsy this weekend, it will be free for you forever. After this weekend, the pattern will go back on sale at $6.95.
I think round bags are both stylish and fun to make. This design for the Roundabout Bag has been super popular over the years in our store. It has been thoroughly tested and reviewed by not only our pattern testers but by thousands of readers who have used the pattern.
Features of the Roundabout Bag
- Unusual circular design with top zipper
- Uses ready made leather handles for a store-bought look (or you can make your own )
- Roomy inside with space for several internal pocket options
- Front single pocket with twist lock (optional)
- Back divided pocket
- Optional piping
- Full video tutorial (with pattern purchase only)
- Finished size – approx. 9 inches across by 3 inches deep