I've had this pattern on my mind for a while now and at last, ‘It's a Wrap!'
The Wrap Top is loosely based on the original Wrap Dress pattern that has been downloaded thousands of times and been the most popular pattern on the site so far. This ‘It's a Wrap' top has taken some of the best elements of that dress and turned it into a blouse with a few variations that I think you'll like.
- Cross-over front bodice
- Loose and casual sleeves with a little flutter
- Pleats on one side to create soft draping across the front
- Can help to hide a prominent tummy
- Slightly shaped at the waist
- Close fitting in the hips
- Flattering look with no awkward ‘gaping'
- Step by step photos and written instructions
- Video tutorial too
- Sizes from 32 to 44 inch bust
This has quickly become a wardrobe staple and I've been wearing this one everywhere. It looks equally good in a print or in a solid. The plain color helps to show off the pleats and gathers a little more, but the print looks fab too. I can't decide which is my favorite.
Check Out Our Free Sewing Videos
How to sew the Free Wrap Top Pattern
You can watch and copy me here in this video. I've not talked a lot about sewing with stretch fabrics, assuming that if you've been following So Sew Easy for a while that you might have tried some of my patterns before, but if you need more help with that, there are tips and details in the downloadable instructions too.Subscribe to the YouTube channel:
See, that's not too difficult and you can certainly make something with a nice fit. Pick the right fabric and tell everyone you got this from a ‘nice' store and they'll never know you made this yourself for just a few dollars! My fabric was only $5 a yard – that's a bargain!
Step by Step Instructions
- 1.5 yards of stretch fabric
- Optional – knit stay tape
If you prefer written instructions, you can download these too. The instructions include lots more details about sizing, tips for sewing with knits, fabric to use, how to print and put together the pattern, and of course sewing instructions – everything you need to know along with step by step photos as well.
Enjoy sewing your wrap front top pattern, and do share your completed projects. You can:
- upload to Craftsy and link back to the original pattern
- write a blog post and I'll pin it to my ‘Your Sewing Creations‘ Board on Pinterest
- send me a photo to share on the Facebook Page