Is your style more functional than fussy? Like to carry a small bag without being laden down with weight and unnecessary items? Or have a special guy and you'd like to make something just for him? Then I have the ideal pattern for you – the Minimalist Kraft Tex Wallet.
You've seen me talk about Kraft Tex before in these articles:
Now here is a new pattern for you to try out the Kraft Tex paper fabric if you've not used it yet. The Minimalist wallet is slim, light weight and simple in style – perfect for you to add your own touches with personalisation, embroidery, stamping, embossing or painting.
Materials needed for the Minimalist Kraft Tex Wallet:
- Kraft Tex paper fabric (or real leather is great too)
- Matching thread
- Heavier weight needle (size 90 or leather needle) recommended
- 1 x snap (I used a KAM snap)
- Scoring/folding/marking tool such as a bone folder
- Craft knife
- Wonder Clips (optional)
- You will need a free-arm sewing machine because part of the wallet is sewn in a cylinder, like a sleeve cuff.
Where to buy Kraft Tex paper fabric
You can buy your Kraft Tex paper fabric in 5 different colors at:
You might also find it in your local craft stores as it is becoming more widespread as people recognise how awesome it is!
Let's take a look at the Minimalist Wallet
There is a full step by step video tutorial (as well as the written and photo instructions) for those that buy the Minimalist Wallet Pattern. Below is just the short introduction.
Subscribe to the YouTube channel:
Features of the Kraft Tex Minimalist Wallet:
- room for 8+ cards, more if you double them up
- large rear pocket for notes, receipts, shopping list
- non-fussy minimalist design
- unisex – make one for your guy
- snap closure
- lightweight but durable
- interesting new ‘fabric' to sew
- can be stamped, embossed, embroidered, painted etc with your own designs
- finished size (closed) 5.5 x 3.75 inches
- full VIDEO tutorial with pattern purchase
- pattern rating – beginner
Pattern Tester Versions (both Kraft Tex and real leather)