According to FTC regulations, all bloggers are required to disclose how they earn money on their blog. This is a wonderful way to be transparent and avoid any misunderstandings!
So here’s how we earn a little from our content.
How we make my money:
- The sponsor ads you see on the sidebar, and similar. If you click on an advert and buy a product, we will receive a commission. You will not pay any extra for your purchase.
- A few affiliate links via Amazon that you’ll find throughout the site, and on the Shop tab. If you click through and buy, again we receive a small commission, but you pay no extra for your purchase.
- From time to time we may publish downloadable content such as an e-book which we may ask you to pay for. E-books may also contain affiliate links.
- Occasionally, we may also do sponsored blog posts. This can be paid in three ways – either a free product is given to review, or a cash payment is made for the post, or we may receive no payment and only get a commission on any resulting sales.
- Text link adverts may appear on our posts and my pages. The adverts and links are not selected by us, but are meant to represent our ‘keywords' and provide external links to other relevant content. We receive a small payment if you click on these adverts to view other sites.
We don't receive any income or benefit from hosting giveaways on this site – they are simply there for the benefit of my readers.
Being paid for positive blog posts.
Absolutely not. Our views here are all our own. We try to only write about products, services, and topics we think will be of interest to our readers. And we won't write about something we don't like just for the money – you can be sure of that. All reviews posted here will be genuine recommendations.
Why use the blog to generate income at all?
Many of us are suffering from a difficult economy, and we are certainly no exception. So every little bit of income helps. We enjoy writing this blog, it keeps us active and gives us work to do every day. But if we can earn a little money to cover the hosting fees and buy a little fabric so we can review the latest sewing projects, then it makes it easier to carry on with the posting. But we will NEVER sacrifice our integrity to earn money dishonestly from our readers. So you can trust in the fact that nothing on our blog is a scam to get your money.
Push notifications are controlled at a browser level meaning you need to go to your browser eg (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc) and stop them there. We do not control your computer.
The formal policy:
This policy is valid from 1 January 2013
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by us. For questions about this blog, please contact Mayra at So Sew Easy.
This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking So Sew Easy to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
And just to be clear – this is an advert ! 🙂