Do you remember in the last Readers Questions that I said it would be the last one for a while because I was working on something new? Well that something new has been a lot of work and took me longer to get off the ground than I was thinking, but it's here now and I think it's going to be awesome!
Introducing a sewing room of our very own. The new forum and chat room – tah dah!
Check Out Our Free Sewing Videos
Features of the new sewing forum
- It's private – only for members, so you can feel free to chat and share without it showing up all over your Facebook wall etc.
- It's going to be full of people who love sewing, quilting and fabric arts so you'll always find someone with the same interests as you
- You can set up your own personal profile and share as much or as little about you as you feel comfortable with, such as your location, any website or shop you have, your sewing experience etc
- Chat in the forum – share your work in progress, your completed projects, class reviews and feedback and more. You can upload photos!
- Get answers to your sewing questions – ask in the forum. There are separate topic sections to make posting easy. Of course, if you post a question, please pay it forward and look for other questions you can answer at the same time.
- You can ‘friend' other members and send them private messages or comment on their wall and reply to their comments
- Forum boards for:
- Advanced sewing & couture
- General sewing Q&A
- Introducing yourself to other members
- Show and tell – what are you working on or have completed
- Where can I find a pattern for …?
- Sewing newbies
- Questions about So Sew Easy patterns
- Pattern design, fitting and alteration
- Class reviews and discussions
- Off topic – everything else
Why have I introduced this sewing forum page for us?
Since starting the site a little over 2 years ago now, its grown enormously and just recently I've been struggling to keep up a little. People from all over the world write to me with their sewing questions and I try to do my best answer for every single one of them. Where I couldn't answer, or didn't have the experience, I passed this on to the Readers Questions for you to help out.
But the number of emails I've been getting has been overwhelming and its been taking me longer to answer these questions, or people are having to wait for up to 4 weeks to see their question featured on the site. If you have a sewing question, you want to know today or tomorrow – not in a couple of weeks!
So I'm hoping that you are all going to help me out in sharing our group sewing knowledge and experience.
Pay it forward – ask one and answer onephoto credit: WingedWolf via photopin cc
The forum will only be as successful as WE make it. So if you have a question, don't be shy – ask away. You don't have to upload a photo or any details if you want to remain anonymous, although you will have to register with your email to post and reply to questions. If you do ask a question, please pay it forward and answer one or two while you are there as well.
So you can drop on over to the Forum now using the ASK A QUESTION in the top menu. That takes you now to a help page for the forum so if you need any technical help about how to login, and how to add your first message, how to ask and answer questions etc, you'll find all that there.
And of course the link through to our new sewing room.
So pour yourself a cuppa and settle in for some sewing chat. It might take us all a while to get going so do check back after a few days and join in again.