We have come to the end of our Mug Rug of the Month Pattern series. For the last one, I’m sharing these simple, yet pretty fall flowers. Since you are my creative friend, you already know you can swap out the fabrics and turn them into spring flowers. How fun!
I want to thank everyone who has followed along on this fun stitching adventure. I also want to thank Mayra and Deby for this wonderful opportunity for allowing me to share these patterns with you. I’ve really enjoyed working with So Sew Easy on this to bring you some fun and easy projects. I’ll be adding all the links to these tutorials on my website in the very near future so you can find them easily. Be sure to sign up for my VIP Club (on my website HERE) so you don’t miss that post or any other fun and fabulous tutorials I share often.
What you will need for one flower mug rug:
- Small scraps of fabric for appliqués
- 1/8 yard of light weight paper backed fusible webbing
- 6 1/2 x 10 inch piece of fabric for background
- 6 1/2 x 10 inch piece of fusible fleece
- 7 1/2 x 11 inch piece of fabric for back
- 2 3/4” x 44” strip of fabric for binding
- Fray-check (optional: to seal the stitches on the back)
- Thread to match background fabric and appliqué fabrics
- Embellishment supplies of your choice
Your pattern page(s) will have a list of the embellishments that were used in the sample, such as wiggle eyes, beads, buttons, fabric paint, ribbon, etc. If you will be using glue for attaching embellishments be sure to use a good quality and washable fabric glue. This is the same for paint, unless the mug rug is used for decoration only, you will need to use a washable fabric paint.
- Sewing scissors
- Sewing needles
- Fabric marking pen or pencil (Check out our article on Frixion pens.)
- Paper or cardstock (for printing pattern pieces)
- Iron & ironing board
- Sewing machine
- Cutting mat with ruler & rotary cutter (optional)
Important tips & general instructions:
**Read tips and instructions thoroughly before beginning.
**Iron your fabrics before starting. If you will be pre-washing your fabrics, do not use a fabric softener. It can prevent your adhesive from sticking when fusing. 100% cotton fabrics work best.
**When printing out your pattern, make sure you do not shrink the document. You will want to print it out at the actual size for your pattern pieces to fit your project. You will find this setting in the window that appears when you choose print. Make sure your little square measures one inch. If it doesn’t they will not fit properly on your mug rug.
Continue to next page.